We currently generate PDFs (mono black) to a folder then use a Windows service to print with Adobe Reader. This is not stable, and causes issues occasionally, so we are looking for a solution.
- Can monitor a folder then print, the network printer can be specified in run-time, e.g. with corresponding 'meta' file or as part of the file name;
- Produces a report/dashboard for operations, e.g. which files printed to where, print result, time;
- Very important - robust, high throughput yet not losing any quality.
Nice to have:
- Able to control print quality, e.g. darkness - we found Foxit tends to print darker than Adobe somehow;
- Send alert upon error, e.g. printer out of paper, jam, door open.
Thanks in advance for help!!!