I've been looking for a breakout game. The last breakout game I played was Krypton Egg in 1996. I've never seen such a cool breakout game since that time, although it should be much easier developing cool games nowadays, shouldn't it?
Which one's your favorite breakout game in Krypton Egg class?
- may cost money (yeah, I'm willing to support that guy who provides that super class breakout game)
- must run on Windows 7 x64
- may even use a mid class 3D graphics card, if that really helps (although CPU power is already at a factor 24 since then)
Please do me a favor, if you don't know Krypton Egg: watch the video first. Do not suggest simple Arkanoid clones. I'm really looking for a high quality game. There are thousands of clones which cannot keep up with Krypton Egg.
Warning: do not download Krypton Egg from that site to run in DOSBox. It has a strange certificate ("Just accept") and is detected as unwanted program by VirusTotal.
So what features does the game need to be that cool?
- Fast paddle movement (not that slow pixel by pixel movement)
- Mouse paddle control (since keyboards are laggy and unprecise)
- 2D paddle movement (possibly triggered by some bonus)
- Massive multi-ball (I see 3 almost everywhere, so there should be 20 or more possible)
- at least 20 different types of bonuses, one of them must be shooting
- the same amout of maluses
- better than sinewave sound
The game may
- use an emulator such as DOSBox, if that helps. Make sure it matches the system specs below.
- Intel core i5
- 16 GB RAM
- NVidia GeForce 8400 GS
- AMD Radeon HD 7700