I'm looking for a Getting Things Done type application with some scheduling capabilities.
Here are the features I need:
ability to automatically reschedule a task either from the last time it was done, or from when it is actually done, according to at least all of the following:
- every N units (days, weeks, months, years)
- every Day of Week (i.e. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc.)
- every DOM (1st, 6th, 18th, etc.)
- any combination of 1, 2, and 3, for instance, "Every 6th and 18th of each month", "Every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday" etc.
- Ability to specify a combination with an offset, for instance, "The 3rd Tuesday of each month", or "The next Monday after the 18th of each month".
ability to specify when a task is due and the estimated amount of time to complete
- cross-platform (with data synchronized between platforms). Android and Mac OS X are the two most important platforms, although if the solution works in any web browser (including mobile) that would meet this requirement.
- ability to export data at any time in a standard format like CSV (data not siloed)
- ability to generate current tasks (today's tasks, this week, etc.) in a format useful for sharing with others
- should not be too informal when talking about its price
- should enumerate its features on its website (or here)
- Allow times to be defined for certain contexts, and then generate a tentative schedule for a given time frame including repeating tasks under the assumption that each will be done when initially scheduled.
A couple that I have tried:
- Doesn't provide the ability to do combinations of date or offsets, but otherwise is the most complete I have found so far.
- Does this very well
- Doesn't seem to support many platforms. I have the Android app.
- Data seems to be siloed
- Doesn't seem to have a way to share
- Reschedule support is atrocious. Provides only every N units.
- Appears to provide this support.
- Seems to be very cross-platform.
- Data is exportable.
- I have not found any way to share.
For pay is okay, as long as it's not more than a couple dollars a month. If I have to sign up for a longer period of time like a year to get a price break that's okay too.