I am looking for computer games for a 4 year old child. He knows the alphabet, but can hardly read words.He counts to 39, but cannot do arithmetic yet. He knows how to use the mouse. However, reaction time is slow.
The game(s) should
- not have time limits (or time limits which are ok for 4 year old children)
- not need key-combinations, one key at a time must be enough
- no monsters, no cliffs to fall down and die
- be simple to start, best would be some command line options so that the game starts immediately without pressing any buttons.
- have levels which can be completed in 5 to 10 minutes
- be available as a demo version so that I can try whether it is ok for him. Other than that, it needn't be gratis (~20 € is ok).
- provide German language support if language is important (e.g. word guessing games etc).
- run on an Athlon XP CPU, 3 GB RAM, no 3D graphics card
- run on Windows, preferably Windows XP (sorry, but I had that license left)
- not need Internet connection
Other than that I have no special genre requirements. I don't know yet what he likes or not. We e.g. tried jump'n'run games, which is quite ok, but the ones I've tried with him are too frustrating. Just collecting some coins with no chance to die would be enough.
BTW: we don't have a TV, so I guess it's ok to let him use the PC for a limited time per day.