We're on a governamental organization with about 150-160 users. This organization is spread between a central office, and 10 small delegations, with 4-5 workers on each delegation.
We're looking for a Intranet solution. We're not limited to any particular technical requirements, so it can be PHP, Java or .NET based, but we're looking for an Open Source and free (as beer) solution.
What do we need? We need Active Directory and MS Exchange integration (login, groups, emails, calendars, etc), a documentation manager (something like Alfresco), we must integrate it with our custom-developed solutions (via webservices or rss), and it should be customizable to create new modules, etc.
Here, we develop mainly in PHP and Java.
So, which Intranet solution can you recommend to us?
Some more information:
- The intranet must work with an Oracle database
- Currently we have a large Windows share (the X: drive) with lots of shared information (word documents, pdf's, etc). The idea is to centralize all this information in the intranet, grouped by organization teams
- We have some custom-made tools, some written in PHP + Symfony 1.4, and some (lots) written in MS Access. We want to rewrite all this tools (as needed), and integrate them to the intranet
- Currently we have Active Directory and MS Exchange servers, and we want to integrate them with the new intranet: centralized authentication and authorization (groups and so), and share calendars and tasks from the Exchange server between groups
- We have some backend tools that generate RSS feeds as some events are fired (some kind of logs). We want to consume and display this feeds in the intranet