I am looking for an interactive (graphical or text interface) file manager which would be able to manage files and directories on a remote machine over protocols based on SSH (SSH itself, SFTP and SCP). It should have these features:
- multiple directory panels / windows (to be able to see source and destination for copying / moving / linking)
- control by keyboard shortcuts and possibly drag & drop
- besides copy / move must be able to create links (both hard and soft linkw)
- should provide scripting (ideally both local scripts and interactive running of remote scripts)
- should run on Linux (natively, Wine or Mono), but I am also interested in Windows-only applications
Example of a well-known but insufficient program: WinSCP is a very good software, but it is intended mainly for uploading and downloading. Remote file management capabilities are extremely limited: It cannot display more than one remote directory. It has only limited copy and move functionality (no links). It cannot run remote scripts interactively.