I have been archiving emails for almost 17 years, and Outlook 2007 cannot handle the 3.2 gigabytes of emails. I want to achieve some tasks, listed below. I know software can do these things but the software I know about cost hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Tasks I would like to achieve
- Find and delete duplicate emails. I currently use Outlook Duplicate Items Remover by Vaita. It is good software and I recommend it. It only looks for duplicates within a folder, however, so if I have a duplicate in a different folder, it is undetected.
- Resort all emails into folders based on conversation. All emails from a person and sent to that person would be in the same folder. This is in opposition to all sent mail being in the Sent folder.
- Google mail has a beautiful way of representing email threads. Instead of forcing the user to read all of the extraneous quoted material, Google, elegantly hides the previous emails in a collapsible section. This exact feature is not easily replicated in Outlook, but I know it possible to clean out the massive amount of duplicate quoted material because there is software that does this. In lawsuits, for example, email is a major source of discovery material, and there are many companies that will re-thread email chains and remove the duplicate information in a thread--for a high price.
- I am happy to use multiple software add-ons if necessary.
- If I were not absurdly poor, I would happily pay for software. For now, I need free.
- I use PGP/GPG.
- I am willing to switch clients but the new client must support my existing PGP keys and cleanly import from Outlook 2007.
- My OS is Windows 7.
Thank you in advance.