I'm searching for a software, most likely web-based, that fits to this use case.
- Employee comes to work: logs into software, presses a button "Start", logs out (gets automatically logged out).
- Employee makes lunch-break: logs in, presses "Pause", comes back -> "Start"
- Employee leaves: logs in, presses "Stop"
- HR (admin account) sees all the times for all employees
- Only HR can change times
- HR can export the times to Excel/CSV
- suitable for different locations/offices and a central HR; this is why I think web-based is the best.
- language: English and Italian or easy possibility to create translation
Some features that would be good but are not a must-have:
- It is possible for HR to enter attendance time frames for employees and the software alerts if an employee checks in late.
- It is possible to enter absence reasons like vacation, illness
- Employees can see their (and only their) times
Before asking here I did a lot of research and tested some applications but nothing was satisfying. The one that came closest is http://www.kimai.org/ but there every user can change the times on their own and all the extra project-related information is not needed and makes it unnecessarily complicated.
Tracking Windows login times does not work as employees do also manual work and share workstations.
As it is not for private use it does not need to be free. Unfortunately the applications for companies are integrated HR solutions with tons of features not needed and notable license fees.