I am looking for generic dashboard for linux desktop.
Example what I have in mind:
- list of new emails (from Mutt)
- list of urgent tasks (from Taskwarrior)
- list of notifications (from Dunst)
- status indicators of running servers and websites
- services information (people online, uptime)
- calendar (wyrd, google calendar)
- tail logs
- system resources indicator (not required can use separate tool like conky)
It should be only tool to work with data. Formating, history, scrolling.
It should have built in widgets for list(history/scrooling), on/off indicators, value indicators.
It should be very easy to add thing to it. Ideally some markup language for dashboard design. Where you would specify widget(which one + its options) and how to get data for it. (i.e.: xml, yaml)
Since it will be refreshing in very short interval (1-5sec) it should be writen in some fast language. And it should take very litle resources. Which makes good candidates C/C++ and Go.
On the other hand using some web based tool allows you to reuse the tool in many non-desktop cases. However for now I seem to favor fast and light on resources.
Would be nice if it has decupled things. i.e. You could have ncurses frontend in terminal and some graphical for x. However terminal version is prefered.
Software I already looked at and didn't accept.