At the current moment I've been working on assignment to select open source application platform for the company needs. Here are requirements to it:
- It should deploy, scale and balance applications via cluster;
- Handle, control and monitor low lever API calls and messages transfer via it (http requests, calls to DB, cache, etc);
- Handle jar's stability via some API\monitoring and providing recovery option to the applications;
- Should be easy to continue development of the platform as well as applications;
- Could provide suitable API for the developers.
So I've been researching this topic a bit and faced with 3 approaches that currently exists:
- Vertx (with Vertigo)
App scale doesn't seems very promising from my perspective as it uses Google code that we can't modify in case and supports only Java, Python and Go.
Vertx and Deis looks very promising, so I would love to hear from you props and coins of each platform for the described needs.