I am looking for some software which will allow me to perform synchronized browsing between 3 different windows machines.
FileZilla has a synchronized browsing feature in which you declare a base directory on both the server and locally. This allows you to traverse your filesystem and quickly move files to or from the server without doing double-duty in terms of navigation.
I am faced with a situation where I constantly need to keep my local machine and two servers in sync so I would like to know if there is anything which would support the following features:
- Open 3 explorer windows side-by-side (local and two servers)
- Declare a root dir across three machines
- Opening a folder inside of any explorer would cause the others to do likewise (synchronized browsing)
- Drag-n-drop files between the explorer windows
Would be nice:
- Allow me to save profiles which I can simply click and connect to all the explorer windows
I have looked into Windows Double Explorer but the short-comings are as follows:
- Only two side-by-side explorer panes
- Tabs are supported but these are inefficient for what I need
- No synchronized browsing
I have also looked at Total Commander but their home page clearly states
Two file windows side by side
One important note is that yes I am aware of automation software which can keep directories and files synced but I am not currently interested in implementing something automatic or else I would have done so by now.
I am looking to perform my syncs manually.