I've looked at a raft of web apps such as Hootsuite. They have this in common:
- Expensive to use.
- Designed for people who are posting to hundreds or thousands of sites/groups/pages.
- Detailed analytics.
I'm looking for something cheaper, simpler, and with the single function of being able to schedule a post to a group page I don't own.
And I want to run it from my desktop, not from someone's server.
I looked at using Facebook's advertising system which is quite reasonable -- except that it cannot target my niche market which is very very narrow (farm and acreage owners within 2 hours travel). I have found a set of groups that cover this niche.
"So you are looking for a Spam tool eh?" No.
Do I want to advertise on Facebook groups? Yes.
But my usual definition of spam is:
- It has no relevance to the audience.
- It takes little notice of objections.
- It is repetitious.
- It acts without permission.
My interactions with these groups:
- I act to give information.
- When people are offended, I immediately apologize and seek clarification of guidelines from the group.
- I do not repost at all on the same group.
- I have permission from the group owner to post in a reasonable manner.