I work for a company that handles hundreds of PDF files. Mostly datasheets, technical drawings and forms and records.
I am responsible for producing for each project a set of "Dossiers", with content reuse (reuse of certificates, for instance)
I want a software that would be able to index all my files, tag them, and classify them in collections.
Collections should then be exportable into zip files or folders for printing, further manipulation, ...
- Ability to index pdf files from multiple sources (smb drives, local drives)
- Group files into collections or groups, that could then be exported
- Ability to generate sub-sets of documents based on filters/criteria (like type, tags, ..)
- Ability to export sub-sets
It would be a plus if the software is able to :
- Allow scripting of tasks
- Generate collections based on table of contents
I reviewed benubird pdf, and I would like something maybe more powerful/broad I also reviewed softwares like nuxeo and alfresco, but I'm afraid I'm looking for something else
I don't even know how this kind of software is called, so if anyone could put me on the right track, I'd appreciate it.