I market a product with color #2A4095, and want to give it a product name using the name of an object that has the same color.
So, I want to find what objects (flowers, fruits, cloth, human objects) have color #2A4095 approximately.
The pictures could come from the Flickr set. The search engine's algorithm has to remove background/shade/reflections to estimate each object's actual color. It's rather difficult because several photography styles results in various kinds of color alterations.
For instance this should come for #d85133, not grey nor black nor white:
For this purpose I use Multicolr, but it is far from perfect:
- It just takes the average color of a picture. A better tool would:
- only process pictures that have a main object (ex: no drawings or landscape pictures)
- detect the main object's contour, and don't take the color of the background into account.
- don't take the object's shade and light reflection into account.
- It does not allow to search for #2A4095, only a few colors are available