I want to generate UML class diagrams from my actual Java code. I used Visual Paradigm when I had an academic License but as it is rather expensive I would like some recommendations.
- See links between classes
- It allows me to modify the UML after generation (svg could work).
- Free, even for commercial use
- Does not depend on KDE (has small dependencies)
- See which fields are linked from a class to another
- See links between packages
- Open Source
- Light weight (Visual Paradigm is terribly heavy and that was annoying sometimes)
I don't mind if it is an eclipse plugin or a standalone application.
I tried Umlet which I really liked for its lightness and speed but it does not show the links between classes and that makes it almost useless for me.
I tried papyrus as suggested but it does not do the expected work. At least if I have a lot of spare time some day I will know what project to work on.