Are there any tools for securely deleting all data that:
- Will run from Windows PE (because I want to use it as part of an MDT deployment task sequence)
- Work on both hard drives and SSDs (SSDs aren't usually fully erased by writing over the whole visible space - their secure erase function needs to be called)
- Preferably free, or at least cheap
What I've looked at so far:
- HDDErase/Secure Erase - only works from DOS, and even then requires you to turn off AHCI in the bios first.
- Parted Magic - The only other tool I've found that can securely erase SSDs. Would be perfect if it was WinPE instead of linux.
- DBAN - Doesn't securely erase SSDs, requires it's own boot CD. Their commercial product, Blancco says it does, but they don't even list pricing information in their site so I get to deal with sales people now :)
- sdelete - Looks promising, but I can't find any reliable source to say it works well to properly clear SSDs.
- various manufacturer specific tools - will only work on their particular brand. Some are windows based, some DOS.