I am looking for server side web software, preferably written in PHP and open source, that can help me achieve the following:
- Provide a database of "projects"
- Which can scale up to several thousands of entries
- With entries submitted by public users who are authenticated in some way (possibly requiring tokens for sign up)
- These entries will have certain set fields, such as project name, type, contacts, etc
- And will also have multimedia uploads, such as Keynote presentations
- The entries must be able to be verified in some way - e.g., have a confirmed/unconfirmed status that can only be set by someone with the correct privileges
- The entries will be browsable (by field, tags, etc) and searchable.
- The solution will be robust, queriable using complex conditions (this can be done by MySQL if it uses this, though) and have some sort of audit trail for data submission, loss, etc.
- And public access (viewing, editing) can be managed by authentication.
- ... And hopefully it'll be easily usable and... pretty - I want to make it easy and enjoyable for people to get involved.
Although there will be additional specific needs, I think that this gets the big picture idea across.
I've OSS considered modifying project management tools, CRMs and bug trackers but it looks like this would be the wrong road to go down.
Any ideas? I'd appreciate any input!