We're looking for a tool that we can use to automate the conversion of PowerPoint presentations to HTML.
The tools can be a stand alone program, a .NET assembly, or a COM control. But it must be something we can be automated.
What we use now
We wrote a program that uses PowerPoint 2007, via office automation and the .NET inter-op assemblies, to open our PowerPoint presentations and save/export them as HTML.
Reasons for switching
The HTML that is generated by PowerPoint 2007 isn't HTML5 or standards compliant. In modern browsers the presentations don't look as good and in some cases aren't viewable at all. Microsoft has dropped the save/export option in favor of an upload to the cloud option. Uploading it to the cloud in addition to being difficult to automate isn't feasible because of security concerns.
- Generate HTML viewable by modern browsers such as IE11, FF, Chrome, and Safari
- Ability to automate the conversion process
- Cannot upload the presentation to a public server
- It would be nice if it were a .NET assembly or had a .NET wrapper.
- The faster the conversion process the better.
- Uploads to a web service or server are acceptable if the process is reasonably secure and the results can be downloaded locally.
- Alternative methods using PowerPoint automation are acceptable if they meet the requirements.
- Operating System: Windows OS preferred, but willing to consider OSX, AIX, or Linux