I'm looking for a solution that lets me 'mount' a remote server via ssh or sftp protocols.
- The remote directory should show up as a drive letter on Windows.
- (optional) More than one simultaneous connection possible.
- Free or paid solutions are acceptable.
- Windows 7 is a must.
Things I've tried so far:
- sshfs - This mostly works, but for some reason when you use Notepad++ to access files over an sshfs connection, Notepad++ can't properly determine line endings. Also has some bugs in the UI (you have to save the password to get it to work), and the developer appears to be absent.
- SFTP Net Drive - The free version works, but I get frequent 20 second pauses in open dialogs. Given that the 'server' is a VM running locally, this isn't a network issue, and it DOESN'T happen with sshfs.
- ExpanDrive - Seems to be working in my initial tests. No odd lags or bad behaviors. I wouldn't mind a slimmer solution (it supports N different cloud providers as well as SFTP), but it DOES work.
I'd obviously like a free solution, but if none exists, I'll happily pay money for something.
Update: I've added answers below with the ones I've actually had some success with.