You may like my app SQLPro for SQLite (App Store).
It fits all of your requirements other than being free/open source. There is a read-only version available on the Mac App Store, which allows you to view all of your data, but does not allow modifying schemas or data.
The ‘bonus’ feature (automatic refresh) is handled as well. By default the database will detect external changes and reload automatically. This can be disabled via the application preferences (although reloads can still be performed via keyboard shortcuts).
Some of the neat features it includes are:
- Syntax highlighting & Autocomplete (sometimes called intellisense).
- Customizable themes allowing the query editor to be completely customized.
- The ability to run multiple queries at one time (and a customizable run query shortcut).
- Primary key detection in the query results. When primary keys are detected you can update results & delete rows directly from the grid.
- Errors in queries will be underlined.
There is a full schema designer. SQLPro for SQLite allows you to add/update/delete:
- Foreign Keys and
- Tables can be imported & exported from/as CSV, XML or JSON.
- A query history browser so that you may see queries run in the past.
- Favourite queries can be stored and reused.
- The results grid can be searched (either via the Cmd - F keyboard shortcut or by right clicking the results grid and choosing find).
There is a seven day trial available via the website. If you purchase via our webstore, use the promo code STACK25 to save 25%.
Disclaimer: I'm the developer.