I need to place company specific info (phone numbers, reports etc.) on the desktop background of our company computers. It's dynamic data, so I need a quick way to change it on over 20 computers. We use OS X and Windows based computers.
I have tried the following:
- WebDesktop 2.5 - best performance so far.
- Fluid - able to be closed easy
- MachDesktop - not able to edit the URL 'window' after added once
- Active Desktop Gadget - Too many bugs
- MiniBrowser Gadger - Best performance, but too many bugs with the gadgets and a vulnerability
- BGinfo - not supporting "load from URL"
- AveDesktopSites2 - Runs, but I couldn't manage to see the loaded object(picture or whatever else I tried)... it was only showing as small square in the AveDesktop's settings window.
- Snippage - able to be closed easily and hides when when showing desktop
Is there any other solution for me? It doesn't necessary need to be Active Desktop software. Could be a Company Info software that can load data from URL and to be not just as background on all computers – that's why I am looking for Mac and Windows versions - if possible to be "same brand" for Mac and Windows (like Snippage), so the settings are same in Mac and Windows.
Well I am sorry if you understand it that way, but non of these from above are working solutions for me. I am describing them so it's easier for the people to know what I have tried and what isn't working.
I don't think I am looking for "anything else", I am looking for a solution.
Under "anything else" I understand that I already have a previous solution, but unfortunately I don't.