What's the best web development IDE that you've come across, that also handles Core PHP work and JS very well (eg. AngularJS)?
- Extremely fast -- there's nothing more annoying that a slow/stuttery IDE
- Excellent at code completion -- very smart at understanding what you're doing
- Good at HTML/CSS -- no point in only being good at the trickier stuff if you miss the basics
- Good at PHP/JS (including Angular) too -- as mentioned, this is a necessity
- Syntax error detection for the above
- Support for LESS/SASS compiling
- Overall an enjoyable environment to work in - nice to look at, smart, and helpful
- Windows based
- OSX support - it'd be occasionally helpful to be use it in OSX, but not essential
Do NOT need:
- It to be free - I'm a professional and will happily pay for something that makes my daily life easier
- FTP - I'm happy deploying through FileZilla
It's a shame that so many IDEs use Java these days, as it doesn't half seem to make them slow to get going. In terms of "enjoyable environment", I really like Brackets. It's lovely to use, and very quick and clean, but it's a little stuttery at times and is lacking in advanced features out of the box.
What IDE do you find to be the best? The one that makes web development less of a chore than others.