- On Android, I am on facebook.com or similar website
- I want to post a picture I took recently, so on the website I click the file upload button
- Android's gallery loads painfully
- I choose the picture, and the gallery closes
- Meanwhile, the browser has been kicked out of memory, so I have to retry the whole procedure again.
I believe that Android's default gallery is at fault here, because it takes a lot of memory, buffers hundreds of pictures at a time, and insists on first showing me all an "Albums" frontpage which includes useless collections, for instance all of my Blogger albums and Google Profile Photos.
So, I am looking for a ultralight picture chooser:
- Takes nearly no memory
- Shows the ~20 last pictures, with paging allowing to reach earlier pictures
- Always shows the same directory (either configurable in settings, or remember the last with lightweight folder navigation)
- Loads in a short time, even if the folder actually contains tens of thousands of pictures.
- Shows thumbnails (not cropped), caching thumbnails is OK
Ideally open source.