I'm looking for the best free software to manage my passwords.
The features that I'm looking for are:
- The application should run as a server, so that several clients can access the password repositories.
- The application should offer the ability to organize the passwords into groups.
- It should be possible to define access rules to each group of passwords, or even each password item.
- The access rules should be Active Directory based.
- Like I mentioned, for obvious reasons I prefer free (but secure) software, but depending on the advantages, non-free software is also an option.
- I prefer that the software is for Windows, but other OS are also a possibility.
I currently use KeePass, but it does not offer the ability to assign independent permissions.