I'm looking for some form of software which will help me track the steps to reproduce a bug. For example, if I have three buttons, I want to be able to record that pressing
Red -> Green -> Red will cause a crash,
Red -> Green -> Blue -> Red will cause a crash, but
Red -> Red produces the expected behavior.
This doesn't have to be specifically for reproducing bugs - anything which will let me easily record a series of repeated actions and a result of those actions is sufficient.
Also, please note I am not looking for bug tracking software, which is (unfortunately) all that comes up on Google when searching for this.
- Ability to enter a series of actions and a result.
- Ability to branch a series of actions and continue following a different path, or report a different result.
- Alternatively, the ability to clone a series, AND the ability to sort/group them by actions
- Reasonably intuitive UI.
- Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008
- Ability to analyze the results and find relationships (such as
Any Red after a Green crashes)
- Ability to guess what the next step of an entered sequence will be, based on previous steps and auto-branch if different (i.e. "I've seen this before, last time it crashed. It worked this time? New branch")
I know that I could do this myself in a text editor or spreadsheet, but I'm looking for something that will make the process easy.