Similar to ComFreeks question on a Program to search for word repetitions in Word documents, I'm looking for the very same – with just a slight difference: it should come as a plugin for LibreOffice / OpenOffice. Document format (
.doc, etc) shouldn't really matter, as they are dealt with transparently by the program (if it does matter, it should at least support
To save you from having to read the other question for requirements, I'll copy-paste from there (site license permits: BY-SA means I've got to name the author (ComFreek) and use the same license, which both fits), so here we go:
- Find word repetitions (which, for example, occur in the same paragraph).
More specifically: which occur that close to each other that a teacher would have marked them "repetition" in an essay you wrote, or would "hurt the eye" of the reader – which usually is "the same sentence/paragraph" or "distance less than X words".
- Other than ComFreeks requirements, it must work from within the office program on the original document, so I don't need to switch between different apps for correction (and also immediately see what no longer remains to be corrected)
- The repetitions should be allowed to differ in case, prefixes, suffixes, declension or in grammatical number – so e.g. "allow" and "Allow", "friend" and "friends", "eat" and "eaten" should count as pairs of repetition
- Must support German language (English would be nice-to-have, but is not really required)
- a user-manageable "blacklist" of words to ignore (e.g. articles like "the") should be included. Not a show-stopper if it isn't, but to me rather a "strong wish".
- optionally, but really nice-to-have: the ability to "ignore this" for a given pair (so it's no longer marked a repetition until I run the check again freshly)
- optionally and nice-to-have: integrate the "Thesaurus" feature for word replacement. This is of minor importance, as it could be achieved via standard functionality as well (highlighting the word and invoke the built-in Thesaurus).
So basically, it should either work similar to the spell-checker when triggered manually (mark-and-replace), the "check while you type" (underlining errors), or both.
Being a plugin/addon to LibreOffice / OpenOffice I'd expect it not to be OS dependent – but if it is, it must run on Linux at least. Cross-platform welcome.