I want an automated way to backup the important (to me) parts of my Google account automatically. I want to backup to a local PC, in some reasonable file format (I already have backups of the local PC.
The things I want to backup are:
- Email (optional)
- Calendar Items
- Chrome bookmarks
- Drive contents (optional)
- Google+ posts and circles (optional)
Things I have already automated piecemeal, but might be nice to have as part of an all-in-one:
- E-mail via the tool 'Got Your Back'
- Drive contents (I sync my Drive to a local machine and back it up).
Tools I know of that don't really solve the problem:
- Google export - the export functions are manually initiated. I need automation.
- spinbackup.com - I have no idea who these guys are, but a backup to yet another cloud service just seems like a bad idea to me, setting aside the questions of privacy and security.
I'm willing to pay a little bit of money for software, though of course, free is always good.
Linux or Windows is fine, I can arrange any necessary environment for the tool to run in.