My family members are far apart and we communicate via a webapp I made, but I don't have much time to maintain it, so I would like to switch to an off-the-shelf free webapp.
- Each member has their own login/password
- No "friending" necessary, all members see the same thing
- First thing seen after login is the message board ("wall"?)
- Text and pictures can be posted.
- Text and pictures can be exported with no quality loss, in case we want to migrate to another solution
- SaaS (not on my own server), advertisement OK
- Fast to load on slow connections
Bonus for shared memos, shared calendar, document sharing.
Expected traffic is low: about 1 message per day and 1 picture per week