I am looking for Electronic Flight Bag applications running on smart phones or web. Optional functionalities: reporting, weight and balance, take-off, landing calculator, fuel and time-check calculator, document management. I need pros cons.
ForeFlight for iOS is, in my opinion, the clear leader if you aren't wedded to Jeppesen. It's price competitive and I've been a happy user for almost 5 years now (!).
- outstanding UI
- same subscription works on multiple devices. Nearly all functionalist shared between iPad and iPhone.
- georeferenced approach and airport charts
- intuitive route planning with elevation profiles
- support for ADS-B weather and traffic
- support for pocket AHRS as backup PFD
- very slick W&B component
- documents library (FARs, etc)
- climb/cruise/descent performance calculations now integrated
- iOS only
- charts are raster, not vector, making track-up orientation slightly harder to parse