I am looking for a Linux GUI program to encrypt/decrypt shorts texts as ASCII.
Ideally it would be a text area where I could paste text then encrypt or decrypt.
It should be able to sign and check signatures too.
- Produces ASCII (not binary)
- Open source
- Runs on Linux (Java is OK)
- Finds my keys in ~/.gnupg
What I tried:
- Seahorse is rather close, but it forces me to save my text as a file, and it generates binary instead of ASCII.
- Command-line can do this, but it is too cumbersome for quickly copy/pasting text.