What unit testing framework should I choose for cross platform C++ development.
Preferably (in order of requirements):
- facilitate the repeated testing of user interface elements in Qt (or other GUI frameworks).
- be as simple as possible to create new tests.
- be easy to automate the testing during all phases of the development cycle (from internals to GUI).
- output it's results in a place which is nicely formatted or is easy to format.
- support the test driven development paradigm.
This question came up a lot in Stack Overflow questions, but that is the wrong forum for this question, and many of the answers don't actually give any details about the individual frameworks.