Please note: I do not own a mac or have a mac to try this so you will need to try it yourself.
If you watch this video here, it shows you step by step on how to install Notepad ++ using WineBottler.
Steps via description:
- Download WineBottler 1.7.x from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org
- Copy WineBottler and Wine.app to your Mac.
- Start WineBottler.
- Search for "notepad" in the "Download" Section, click "Notepad++".
- Give the App a name.
- Wait :) .
- Done. Run Notepad++ from "On My Mac" or from wherever you have installed the App to.
- If Notepad++ finds some updates, just let it install them - select "Restart Notepad++" after the updates are installed. Wait for
Notepad++ to apply the updates and relaunch itself.
From having a look at the website, WineBottler is an applicaton for OS X designed to help people who need to run .exe's on Mac or play games not supported for OS X and only Microsoft.
It is currently supported on OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain and Mavericks.
Also from description:
About WineBottler and Wine-
WineBottler packages Windows-based programs like browsers, media-players, games or business applications snugly into Mac app-bundles. WineBottler and Wine are FREE SOFTWARE. You are FREE TO REDISTRIBUTE OR MODIFY it under the terms of the LGPLv2.1 or any later thereof.
Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
PS. I am not aware of any Notepad ++ Programs similar for Mac but instead of looking for an alternative, why not just run Notepad ++ on Mac? ;)