I don't want proprietary Skype directly accessing my Xorg server. I've already taken measures securing filesystem, network, processes/IPC, but there still a plenty of spying possibilities using X alone.
Currently I use Xvfb+x11vnc+vncviewer, but it is not convenient: copy&paste works poor, no systram icon¬ifications.
I want the firewall to stand in middle between X server and the application and allow the applications:
- to create normal windows, systray icons, show notifications on other desktops;
- Locking session;
- Interacting with clipboard when I'm not asking;
- Captuing input not explicitly directed to the application's window;
- Enumerating other windows;
- Being notified of activity/inactivity;
- Setting configuration like with
It should feel something like VirtualBox's seamless mode, but without VirtualBox.