I'm searching for a torrent client with following features:
- Continuously download a file (so video files can be viewed while downloading)
- Prioritize first and last piece of a file (without last piese some videos cannot be seeked)
- Windows support
- Download files in selected order
- Rehash only selected files in a torrent
- Search in torrent/file names (I had >1k torrents)
- Linux version preferable (I have a Linux NAS)
Clients I already tested:
µTorrent 2 - continuous downloading can be turned on with a hack, but no way to prioritize last piece. MKV files cannot be seeked with a hardware player then. Files can be only downloaded by order they are listed in the torrent file.
µTorrent 3 - IMO even continuous download haven't worked well. Still need a hack to turn continuuos downloading on.
qBittorrent - can continuously download a file and prioritize first and last piece, but you must select it for every torrent. No idea how to download files in selected order. I don't like the program itself though. Added: it just failed on downloading the last piece of a file although all peers I was downloading from were seeds.