Since I've just got access to an unlimited Dropbox account, I am looking for a desktop program that can upload files and folders to a Dropbox account.
- Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
I don't want to have to copy the files/folders to the dedicated Dropbox folder as I need to when using the Dropbox official program.
Also, I don't want to have to synchronize those files/folders, I am aware that there exist some tools for this purpose:
- Dropbox Folder Sync: Sync or Unsync a folder by just selecting an option from the right click popup/context menu. This is the recommended method.
- Dropboxifier: An application to help you create and manage Dropbox links across multiple machines. Requires Windows Vista or higher and .NET 4.0.
- Link Shell Extension: There is a tutorial on how to use Link Shell Extension in conjunction with Dropbox.
- SyncToy: Makes an always-up-to-date copy of one folder with a folder in your Dropbox. This keeps 2 copies of the folder on your computer.
- SyncToCloud: SyncToCloud is the delivery of free software designed to synchronize data from various sources into a cloud, whereby data may be shared based on end-user-defined rules.
or simply using symbolic links.