I work for a small company (less than 25 employees) where most employees work from home. We currently uses JungleDisk as a way to provide shared storage to our users. It works great for most things but it lacks when it comes to search capabilities. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better alternative? In particular we're looking for these features:
- Windows Explorer integration. The main thing we like about JungleDisk is that it creates a drive like any other Windows drive and allows the data to be organized as opposed to just searchable.
- File name and file content searching. Jungle Disk doesn't offer either as far as I'm aware. Our contract is charged based on data that's accessed, so running individual indexing services on each client could increase our cost significantly.
- Web interface in addition to the Windows Explorer integration
- Data in transit is encrypted.
- Cloud storage with 99.9% uptime. We do have the capability and knowledge to host ourselves if there was a killer solution that had to be hosted ourselves, but prefer not to.
- File tagging for indexing (in addition to the file content searching above). This probably isn't critical, just a nice to have.
- Active Directory Integration
- Permissions settings so confidential documents can be limited to just those who need access.
- Background upload - JungleDisk uses a local cache to allow you to work on files locally then syncs them as soon as changes are made in the background.
- File locking - Jungle Disk isn't very good about this, probably because of number 9.
Numbers 1, 2, and 4 are the most critical to us in terms of features.
Is there a product out there that does what we're looking for?