'We' are a sales company that produces quite personalised sales proposals for our potential customers. A lot of shared/generic information is used within these proposals, but a lot of information is built from data that is unique to each customer.
At the minute, we use Apple's Numbers app (we're all on Apple hardware), to tabulate and calculate specific (lighting/electrical) cost data. We then manually take the results from certain fields and then drop them into a Pages document. We add our potential customer's logo to the cover and then print to PDF. Once we have a PDF open in Preview, we 'drag-in' the generic content from other PDFs, before saving as a final document to present.
'Building' a proposal is taking a lot of time and I am looking for a bit of software, both on or offline (but needs to work with Apple) that could help us achieve these kind of things.
I have looked at some online offerings, but they seem to be based around design agencies and I can't picture them being useful for our requirements.
This is what I would like to enter in to the front-end:
- Enter specific information such as cost per kWh, cost of installation etc.
- Have text areas where I could enter text such as "This is what I think you want us to do…"
- Choose products and add them to the proposal
- Calculate return on investment
This is what I would like to happen at the end:
- I would like everything to be 'packaged' as a PDF that I can send/present to my customers.