What combination of distro, themes, extenstions, etc. can I use to get the best experience out of a touch-screen laptop?
I would be installing Linux on a Dell Inspiron i3147 (11.6", 1366 x 768, touchscreen clamshell laptop).
I'm looking for a Linux setup that1:
- supports multitouch (obviously)
- is touch-friendly (bigger buttons or edge gestures and such)
- is not an abandoned project (still in active development)
- I can customize / theme how I like
- is not just plain ugly
Items that could be included in the setup:
- which distro (eOS, Ubuntu, Mint, something else)
- what desktop environment (Pantheon, GNOME, Unity, Cinnamon, etc.)
- a GTK / shell / window theme
- any extra tweaks, extensions, or settings
Since this is Software Recommendations SE, I'm looking for ideas on a Linux setup that you like for use with a touch-screen.
Recommend a setup that you like for touch, prettiness, support, etc.
1 These requirements could seem purely subjective, but
most all distros are a pain with touch. Something's better than nothing. I am basically looking for any options that are better than out-of-the-box Unity.