I want scan a bunch of papers (let's say 50 pages, some double sided, some not) with my single side batch scanner and profit from a software that would (after scanning the front side batch and then (after notificating the software) the back side batch)
- at least reorder the pages automatically (front side of 1st page before back side of 1st page before front side of 2nd page, ...)
- allow multiple page scans to be saved as one (PDF, dejavu) document (basically every scan software does that)
- allow bad scans to be replaced with better scans before documents are saved without the need to rescan the whole batch
- optional auto detection of white pages and a function to remove them (best with a review function such as "jump to next blank", maybe even with learning function similar to a spam mail filter, e.g. "(un)mark page as white")
- optional auto detection of sites belonging together and function to save them as a (PDF, dejavu) document
The program should work on Linux 3.x and doesn't need to have a GUI.