I need graphics software to edit images. The requirements I'm interested in are:
- very cheap license (< $25, free, or trial-usable forever)
- not very old DLL dependency (VB6 or similar)
- not very old UI (remember windows 3.11 software? I don't want something similar and ugly)
- can "stitch" images together
- can crop, resize, or otherwise change paper size
- supports drawing lines, circles, squares on the image (very important)
- Filters are not needed: marquees, layer and image adjustment are really more important
- Vector graphic support would be an interesting add-on
You can refer to PicPick Editor as an example. It's similar to what I want but it's missing resize, canvas resize and image stitch.
The platform which I need it for is Windows.
GIMP is not a solution because I couldn't draw circles easily on the image. The learning curve seems steeper. It is more oriented on photographic retouch.