I'm in my fourth year of University and there are a few mistakes that PowerPoint enables lecturers to make that drives me a bit crazy.
- Unsearchable documents (like a PDF made of jpegs)
- Uncopyable documents (at this point I take photos with a snipping tool and paste them)
- Not defining variable in equations (I'm imagining tool-tips when hovering over variables)
- Not enabling students to make corrections or augmentations (like pull-requests on GitHub)
- Platform dependant viewers (like Word)
Obviously the only media format to achieve this is HTML. Has there been a tool created that allows a lecturer to not fall into these traps and that uses easy WYSIWYG editing? Does it have a publishing platform that makes it easy to share, correct, reference and licence these notes? Most importantly, can diagrams and equations be inserted easily and edited/remixed easily?