I'm looking for a tool which will let us collect data on iPads out in the field, far from 3G.
- question type of multiple select amongst different (embedded images) (ie, touch the image corresponding to the question)
- embedded audio clips (ie, play the sound, then touch the associated image)
- somehow easily extract CSV data later on (presumably after syncing with online database)
- ability to replace English questions with custom (unicode) text would be a bonus
- doesn't have to be free, but in the low hundreds of dollars for a few dozen survey responses, on a couple of devices.
What I've investigated so far:
- QuickTap Surveys: embedded video (and presumably audio) requires connectivity
- SurveyPocket: embedded video should work (in the "media bunker") but it doesn't actually show up, in my tests
- SurveyGizmo: embedded audio requires connectivity QuestionPro: the website says it should work, but the rep I spoke to say it's not possible.
I can sort of see a solution where a laptop hosts the data files (and runs a web server), which the iPad points to, but that's going to be messy. Or even running LimeSurvey on a laptop, and pointing the iPad to the whole survey
Any other options?