There aren't too many options to pick from but Barry will cover you for most of it:
- Does full and partial backup of all the databases on the Blackberry, including configurations
- Does full and partial restore of all of the databases
- Allows you to synchronize several phones
- Works on GNU/Linux and BSD
- Licensed under LGPL/GPL
- Allows you to use your phone as modem (tethering)
One thing it doesn't do, however, is allow you to upgrade the phone.
I used it and the only failure I found is that it can't backup non-ASCII entries since it uses other low-level system, but Barry is working on it. This is an active project that uses C++.
There are packages for most major distributions of Linux (deb and RPM) ready to use.