I need PDF to DOC converter with following features:
- (most important) convert text without inserting additional linebreaks and spaces (so I could make significant changes in the doc file later)
- keep properly formatted footnotes;
- if possible, keep also picture captions.
The PDF file has text layer, so no OCR is needed, but can have complex formatting, like verses of different kind.
What I already tried:
- demo version of Nitro PDF. Maybe I didn't found the best combination of options, but it was a mess: double or triple spaces, linebreaks in the middle of a paragraph, footnotes in the middle of the page...
- I read answer to this question and tried to open my pdf with Libre Office. By default it opens in Liber Office Draw, with each line as separate object and no option to flexible editing of the text.
- Easy PDF Online, mentioned in the same question, has the same problem, as Nitro PDF (inserted spaces, linebreaks, picture captions disappeared).
I see that there possibly no good free solution, so I'm looking at different paid software too. I'm working on Windows 8.1.