Currently I read papers by printing them and manually highlighting and commenting on them. I am looking for a PDF reader for Windows (a Windows 8 App is fine as well) that will do the following:
- Easily highlight text phrases (should be snapped to the text instead of "freely drawing").
- Easily being able to comment on certain text phrases. Comments should remain visible in the sidebar, not hidden behind some kind of sticky note.
- Zooming in/out.
- Being able to rotate pages (preferably one page at a time, but all pages is fine as well).
- Supports built-in bookmarks in the pdf (from LaTeX hyperref for example).
- Easily freely annotate.
- Touchscreen-friendly (larger buttons).
- Being able to open .ps files as well.
- Being able to add more bookmarks/favorites manually.
- List of comments, to easily jump to the comments.
- List of recent PDF's.
I have found quite some PDF readers that support most of these requirements, but they do not support the "Comments should remain visible in the sidebar, not hidden behind some kind of sticky note." requirement. I am looking for software that does support this requirement.