There are many password generators around, but since uniformly randomly generateduniformly randomly generated passphrases are preferable in many instancespreferable in many instances, I'm specifically looking for a generator of random and secure passphrases. I would like to be able to use it off-line (for security reasons) under Linux.
- generate the passphrases off-line
- work on Linux (although cross-platform solutions are ultimately preferred)
- be open-source
And optionally, it would be nice if it could:
- be able to use dictionaries from different languages (i.e. not necessarily limit itself to English)
- (in a perfect world) be able to mix dictionaries, and generate passphrases that are a mixture of languages (e.g. English and German)
- display the entropy of the generated password