I love using View NX2 to import, organize and edit my pictures from my Nikon D3200 camera. What I do not love is converting images with it. It can be quite slow when converting and can take overnight to convert 30 pictures. I do not have the best computer in the world, so sometimes I like to outsource tasks to my VPS and let it handle all the tough jobs my computer can't handle. Since I know converting images can be a tough job, I would like my VPS to handle this while still be able to convert a quick image from my Windows computer.
I am looking for software that can convert .NEF (RAW) pictures to .JPG with no or very little loss in quality that has support for both Linux (command line) and Windows.
- Must have support for both Linux (CentOS) and Windows (7)
- Must be able to "batch convert" the images (IE I don't want to convert one file at a time. On Linux, this should recursively select all the files in a folder and convert them to a specified output folder)
- Must convert with little or no loss in quality
- Must output to .JPG or .JPEG
- Must be gratis (free)
- Shouldn't use too much processing and RAM power but I know this can be hard to find when dealing with images so its not a set requirement, but it would be nice to have